Lufkin I.S.D. offers a variety of Dual-Language and ESL Programs to effectively address the academic needs of our students. The programs include the following:
Research Shows that Students enrolled in a
- Leaves students with more flexibility in thinking, greater sensivity to
language, and a better ear for listening.
- Gives the child a head start in language requirements for college.
- Gives a child the ability to communicate with people he would otherwise not have the chance to know.
- Increase job opportunities in careers where knowing another language is an asset.
- Improves a child's understanding of his/her native language.
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps the child to understand and appreciate people from other countries.
The benefits of being Bilingual:
- Achieve as Well or Better in English Language Arts
- Achieve Greater Overall Proficiency in Pronunciation and Language Skills in the Second Language
- Generally Achieve Higher Scores in Reading
- Perform as Well or Better in Other Subjects
- Are Shown to be More Creative Thinkers
- Have Better Developed Verbal Skills